For more information or to apply, please contact Pastor Ed Strietelmeier via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (317-849-4500).
Employee Status: Part-time
Hours: 10 per week (Suggested time-disbursement during the school year (September - May): 4 hrs. per Sunday, 6 hrs. during the week with more flexibility during the summer.
Salary: $13,000 ($25/hr.)
Vacation: Four Sundays
Description: The Children's Ministry Director is responsible for inspiring and equipping the families of Cross and Crown with children Age 3 to 5th Grade to live into our mission statement, "Grow in Faith. Serve all in Need. Gather every person to Christ." The Children's Ministry Director will also uphold the values set out in Cross and Crown's welcoming statement (see http://www.cclutheran.com).
- Be a visible, welcoming, and affirming presence on Sunday mornings. Be present as often as possible to serve as a role model.
- In consultation with the senior pastor and Christian Education Team create the Sunday School schedule (Sept. - May) and provide appropriate curricula and materials for pre-K - 5th Grade teachers.
- Assist the senior pastor in incorporating children into Sunday worship when possible.
- Recruit, train, and assign volunteer teachers for Sunday school classes.
- Ensure that Sunday school classrooms are properly supplied and equipped.
- Rotate around Sunday school classrooms offering help and guidance as needed.
- Connect with parents on Sunday mornings to build healthy, supportive relationships and affirm their roles as their children's primary role models.
- Oversee the Sunday Morning Nursery paid staff position.
- Mail monthly curriculum to families with children under 3.
- Assist the Director of Music in organizing and leading the Cross & Crown Children's Choir (musical ability is welcome but not required).
- Participate in monthly staff meetings and meet one-on-one with the senior pastor regularly.
- Plan and execute workshops aimed at equipping adults, grandparents, and/or guardians to deep their vocation as parents.
- Prepare regular materials in a time manner for the Connection (weekly email newsletter) informing parents of upcoming events.
- Along with the Parish Administrator, monitor the Children's Ministry budget.
- Plan and execute special events in conjunction with other ministry teams as appropriate, such as: VBS and other summer programming, Special Events in the Church Year, service projects, intergenerational workshops for families.
- Complete CPR and First Aid certification.
- Successfully pass a criminal background check.
- Complete child and adult sexual misconduct prevention training.
- Ensure that all volunteers have completed child and adult sexual misconduct prevention training.
- Other duties as assigned by council.
Accountability and Evaluation
The Children's Ministry Director will meet quarterly with the Christian Education Team (comprised of the senior pastor and three congregation members in a collaborative and supportive environment to set goals, evaluate outcomes, and discuss any potential issues that may arise.